The use of WebSlice products and services are governed by this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), which describes the material disallowed on WebSlice servers.
1.0 Web Services
The WebSlice services may only be used for lawful purposes. Users may not use WebSlice’s servers and network to transmit, distribute or store material:
- in violation of any applicable law within New Zealand.
- in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or their privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or
- that is obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
1.1. Examples of non-acceptable content on services offered include, and is not limited to:
2.0 Servers or Network Abuse
- Any attempts to cause harm to any of our servers or network infrastructure.
- Logging or trying to log into a server or account, which such customer is not authorised to access.
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- Attempting to interfere with the services of other customers, host or network, including but not limited to “flooding”, “mail bombing”, spoofing” or “crashing”.
- Forging or altering any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
If a customer is suspected of any of the above, WebSlice will immediately suspend their accounts and services, and a full investigation will be conducted before a decision is made on the reinstatement of a customer’s account, at WebSlice’s full discretion. Any decisions by WebSlice are final.
Any script that negatively impacts our network and/or server’s performance may be deleted without notice. This includes any code which processes on the server regardless of the language that was used.
4.0 Commercial Advertising
WebSlice’s hosting services may not be used in the transmission of spam (unsolicited emails) and/or not limited to mail bombs. Spam is considered as any unsolicited message in the form of:
- Instant messages (including but not limited to all instant messaging platforms i.e. MSN, Yahoo, etc.)
If found guilty of spamming, WebSlice will immediately suspend, without prior warning, all subscribed services. WebSlice reserves the right to refuse and/or cancel services to known spammers and hackers, or those which have a connection to such parties.
Customers on WebSlice reseller hosting plans are responsible for the actions of their own clients. If your client’s actions violate WebSlice any of the policies governing WebSlice products and services to you, WebSlice will suspend their account and will send a notice about the issue to your contact e-mail address through our support portal. Where this is not possible, WebSlice will provide a warning and reasonable time to ensure the policies are met.
WebSlice reserves the right to determine what violates this policy, including the right to add or modify this AUP without prior notice. Violation of WebSlice policies and conditions remove and customers’ right for refunds of any paid service.